Problems with the boss

Hi guys,
I started working in a company for two months, apart from that they use basic technologies that I do not know, but they promised me a coaching and I took courage, for two months I joined myself alone, I studied etc. for charity everyone so much some advice but nothing more, they assigned me a project, my boss says it is feasible, but not me, and not out of presumption but because even if the Node js script I made (one of the few technologies I use works, it doesn’t however, it gives me the opportunity to continue and finish the project.
How should I behave? what am I wrong in my approach to the boss?
Help me is my first job as a dev in a company :disappointed_relieved:

If you need help, ask for it. Ask if you can pair up with someone to get you going.

Ultimately, if you aren’t prepared for the job, then that is largely your employer’s fault - you should be hired for a position for which you aren’t ready. Or, if you are, they should provide adequate supervision.

Don’t be afraid to admit that you need help. Do you do standups? That would be a good time to reach out to the group.

2 Likes

Hey Maurizio.

Let’s imagine that you are the most powerful human on earth. You are not afraid of anything or anybody.

How would you behave to solve your current situation?

1 Like