Problems with Tribute Page not reading code?

When I run the tests everything comes back okay except for user-story #5 which states,

“Within the #img-div element, you should see an element with a corresponding id="img-caption" that contains textual content describing the image shown in #img-div.”

But, I have incuded this… am I missing something? I’ve read, re-read, and re-read again, but something isn’t registering either with me or the test-checker.

I don’t know what more to do except re-read the code again and re-type it again, and again. This is the only thing not checking out.

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">
    <title>Michael Jordan Tribute Page</title>
</head>
<body>
  <main id="main">
    <h1 id="title">Michael Jordan</h1>
    <p>Icon of the NBA</p>
    <figure id="img-div"><image id="image" src="https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/michael-jordan-chicago-bulls-legend-taking-free-throw-image-taken-color-slide-78445259.jpg" alt="Michael Jordan wearing the home team jersey dribbles the ball midcourt">
    <fig-caption id="img-caption">Michael Jordan dribbles midcourt while surveying the opposing team's defenses.
    </fig-caption>
    </figure>
    <section id="tribute-info">
      <h3 id="timeline-title">Here is a timeline of Michael Jordan's life:</h3>
      <ul>
        <li><strong>1963</strong> - Born in Brooklyn, New York</li><br>
        <li><strong>1968</strong> - Moved to Wilmington, North Carolina where he would later attend Emsley A. Laney High School</li><br>
        <li><strong>1981</strong> - accepts a basketball scholorship from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill</li><br>
        <li><strong>1982</strong> - wins NCAA Championship game against Georgetown</li><br>
        <li><strong>1984</strong> - wins the Naismith & Wooden College Player of the Year awards</li><br>
        <li><strong>1984</strong> - drafted by Chicago Bulls</li><br>
        <li><strong>1985</strong> - Rookie of the Year</li><br>
        <li><strong>1987</strong> - became the only player, other than Wilt Chamberlain, to score 3,000 points in a season also became the first player in NBA history to record 200 steals and 100 blocked shots</li><br>
        <li><strong>1988</strong> - wins his first league MVP award</li><br>
        <li><strong>1991</strong> - wins his first Finals MVP award and second league MVP award leading the Bulls to win their historic first NBA Championship as a franchise</li><br>
        <li><strong>1992</strong> - wins his second Finals MVP award leading the Bulls to win their second NBA Championship title</li><br>
        <li><strong>1993</strong> - leads the Bulls to win their third NBA Championship title, wins his third finals MVP award, and retires from NBA</li><br>
        <li><strong>1994-1995</strong> - joins MBA signing on with Chicago White Sox Minor League affiliate team the Birmingham Barons </li><br>
        <li><strong>1995</strong> - comes out of retirement and rejoins the Chicago Bulls</li><br>
        <li><strong>1996</strong> - leads the Bulls to win their fourth NBA Champsionship and wins his fourth Finals MVP award</li><br>
        <li><strong>1997</strong> - leads the Bulls to win their fifth NBA Championship and wins his fifth Finals MVP award<li><br>
        <li><strong>1998</strong> - leads the Bulls to win their six NBA Championship and wins his sixth Finals MVP award</li><br>
        <li><strong>1999</strong> - retires from the NBA for the second time</li><br>
        <li><strong>2000</strong> - becomes part-owner and president of basketball operations for the Washington Wizards</li><br>
        <li><strong>2001</strong> - comes out of retirement joining the roster of the Washington Wizards</li><br>
        <li><strong>2003</strong> - retires from the NBA for his 3rd and final time</li><br>
      </ul>
      <p>"There's Michael Jordan and then there's the rest of us." ~ Magic Johnson
    </section>
    <h3>Read more about this incredible player on his  <a id="tribute-link" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan#Chicago_Bulls_(1984%E2%80%931993;_1995%E2%80%931998)"  target="_blank">wikipedia entry.</a></h3>
  </main>
</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
h1, p {
text-align:center;
}

#image {
width:auto;
height:auto;
max-width:100%;
padding:10px;
}

#img-div {
display:flex;
flex-wrap:wrap;
justify-content:center;
}
#img-caption {
}

#tribute-info, #timeline-title {
}

li {
text-align:left;
}
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:104.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/104.0

Challenge: Tribute Page - Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

The issue in the below code is that you’ve given some elements the wrong names. There is no ‘image’ or ‘div-caption’ element in html.

There are however img and figcaption elements.

<figure id="img-div"><image id="image" src="https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/michael-jordan-chicago-bulls-legend-taking-free-throw-image-taken-color-slide-78445259.jpg" alt="Michael Jordan wearing the home team jersey dribbles the ball midcourt">
    <fig-caption id="img-caption">Michael Jordan dribbles midcourt while surveying the opposing team's defenses.
    </fig-caption>
    </figure>

Yes. Okay. It was me. It was a hyphen. smh. Solved.
Please. No need to repsond. Thanks.

Thank you. I discovered this while reading my code in this forum. I think looking at it outside of the format I was typing it helped more than anything.

Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

Putting code into another format can be a great way to proofread!

I’d also suggest this html validator which can do code checking automatically for you.

https://validator.w3.org/nu/#textarea

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.