Product Landing Feedback Request

Hello!

I’ve spent the last week on this trying to make the page as responsive as possible. Any feedback or missed best practices are greatly appreciated.

I tried to focus on learning flexbox. However, my solution seems wonky even to me. Thanks in advance for any tips to make it more elegant.

Regards,

E

So when I click your nav bar links it takes me below the heading. For example if I click production the production heading is covered by the nav bar

Also, avoid using !important since it is bad practice

Your page looks good @MoxElliot. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
      Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Check that the user has entered a valid email addr. Throw an HTML5 validation error if not.
    You learned to do this when coding the survey form
  • It’s a nit but placeholder text should not mirror the label. It should be used to inform the user of the format of the required input.

<a class="nav-link" href="#section1"> History </a>
Throughout your code you have leading and trailing spaces like this. In some cases it’s both. In others it may be just a leading space. For instance, some of your p elements have just a leading space, no trailing. Other p elements have no leading or trailing.
You need to be aware that eventually this will cause you problems when it comes to styling. It’s best to get out of the habit now.

We are used to reading from left to right and it’s much easier, and less tiresome, if paragraphs are aligned to the left. Having to go to the left and then scan to the right to pick up a sentence is not pleasant.

Thank you for the feedback @Jimbalin and @Roma. I understand most of it and can fix.

I appreciate tipping me on not using !important (which I didn’t know about until this comment and I looked it up) and leading/trailing spaces within elements.

Moving on to the next challenge! Thanks again for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.