Product Landing Page | Responsive Web Design

After a brief hiatus, I’m back in the motion of lifelong learning with freeCodeCamp’s Product Landing Page project from the Responsive Web Design curriculum.

I’m not entirely too satisfied with the outcome of this project, primarily because it feels empty. Down the line, I’d like to make this project simulate a real shopping experience, possibly by utilizing data from actual dispensaries.

Live Preview:
Product Landing Page

This is looking nice.

One issue I am noticing is that you haven’t quite done the email input correctly. It needs to have a label. Placeholder text is not a substitute for label text. Also, this probably should not be in a fieldset with a legend. That’s primarily used when you are grouping inputs together, such as a group of radio buttons or checkboxes. It just doesn’t make sense to use it here for this single input.

Placeholder text is not a substitute for label text

I appreciate the information! I’ll definitely keep this in mind when building future applications.

Also, this probably should not be in a fieldset with a legend. That’s primarily used when you are grouping inputs together, such as a group of radio buttons or checkboxes. It just doesn’t make sense to use it here for this single input.

Noted! Thank you so much for investing your time into giving me feedback. The next project in the Responsive Web Design curriculum is the Portfolio Project, but after your feedback, I definitely want to look more into Web Accessibility. I’ll be sure to put your feedback to good use, as well as make those adjustments to this project.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.