Product landing page - The One Ring

Hello everyone. After spending a good amount of time, this project is almost done. I tried to limit myself to the Flexbox layout so I could learn a little more about it. It was a bit confusing at the beginning but after getting the hang of it, it’s quite a nice layout tool. I would appreciate any feedback. :wink:

4 Likes

That’s a successful product landing page, I’d totally buy that ring

2 Likes

Your page looks good @Pejman. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors. You can also ignore the semantic warning about giving a header to the sections.
  • Check that the user has entered a valid email address. Throw an error if not.
    • You learned to do this when you made the survey form.
  • The test script is JavaScript. It should be place right before the closing body tag. It will not work if put into the head element. That’s why no one is seeing it.
1 Like

:wink: Beware that it may have some side effects. lol

Very good project @Pejman. I like it!

1 Like

Thank you, @Roma, for your time :smiley:.
I’ll address the problems. Instead of using a logo in navbar I just inserted a text element and an image element without any source and it seems that this is causing some warnings.
I was wondering why the test script is not working! thank you for the hint. Looking forward to JavaScript tutorials. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you @paulsonstech :wink:

1 Like

I think it looks great, very professional. Great topic for a landing page.

1 Like

This is a really creative subject to make a landing page on!
I really like the design although the black-white-black-white pattern is a little hard on the eyes.

In the subscription form, the border on the input and submit button are a little too thick. If you thin out the borders a bit and apply some padding, it will make them look a bit more “professional”.

Great job on making your project responsive as well. It’s something I always struggle with.

The poem of the ring is actually
One ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them
One ring to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them
the second line is not “One ring to find them all”.

At all else, great job.
Happy coding!

1 Like

Thank you, @ConnerOw1115 , for your time. Your comments will definitely help me.

I wanted to do something different with this project, so I was like, let’s sell The One Ring :smiley:.
The Ring has some notable negative features and you can’t find many positive comments on it :wink:. So gathering the information took a long time from me and I kind of got distracted!. Now I’m not completely happy with the “Our Pricing” section and the footer. I’ll change the subscription form as you suggested :slightly_smiling_face:.

I like the black and white pattern. At least in the first three sections. But I’ll see if I can change things a bit. I probably need to stay away from this page and look back at it after a couple of days.

You’re right about the poem I’ll change it asap.

Again, thank you and happy coding! :heart:

1 Like

Haha, LOL, great idea! I really enjoyed this landing page. And it looks great, too. Unfortunately, the site seems not to work. I tried to buy the one ring, but it wouldn’t work.

1 Like