Product landing project passed in codepen, fails input "submit" test in editor

Tell us what’s happening:
I completed the project in codepen and passed the tests, and have now transferred the code to the code editor and I am unable to pass pass user story #11 . ‘Within the form, there is a submit input with a corresponding `id="submit’/. Assistance would be appreciated!

<h2>Sign up to our newsletter for updates</h2>

<form id="form" class="form-group" action="https://www.freecodecamp.com/email-submit">

<input id="email" type="email" name="email" required placeholder="Enter your email address">

<input id="submit"  type="submit" name="submit" value="submit">

.form-group {

margin: 0 auto 1.25rem auto;

padding: 0.25rem;

}

.email {

display: flex;

flex-direction: column;

align-items: center;

text-align: center;

color: white;

font-size: 1.125rem;

margin-bottom: 0.5rem;

margin-top: 8rem;

}

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.160 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Product Landing Page

Link to the challenge:

can you give all your code? it is difficult to debug with just that snippet

Thanks for replying, I realised the reason for the error was that I accidentally had another input element with the same id.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.