Project-based curriculum tests do not seem to be executing sequentially

When I worked on the project-based curriculum projects, we specifically designed it so the hint displayed to the user was for the first test that failed. The tests were supposed to run sequentially, so the hints could guide a user to the solution. The order of the hints/tests matters. If the task is to nest a p element within the main element, I might have a test that first validates the main element exists just in case the user accidentally deleted it. The second test would actually make sure a p element exists in the main element. If the 2nd test runs first, then the hint that appears would not make as much sense if the main element was accidentally deleted.

When/Why was this changed or am I just imagining this has changed?

Iā€™m not aware of any change from this policy.

Nevermind, I figured out the issue. It was my issue alone. I was thinking I was messing with step 15 and somehow did not realize I was on step 16. Sorry for wasting your time.

1 Like

Wait a minute. Now I am really confused. When I look at step-16 (on the main branch) locally , it shows:

---
id: 60f805f813eaf2049bc2ceea
title: Step 16
challengeType: 0
dashedName: step-16
---

# --description--

Nest an `input` element within each `label`. Be sure to add each `input` after the `label` text, and include a space after the colon.

On freeCodeCamp.org, it shows the same instructions but it is step-15. I confirmed prod-current for this step shows the same. So, I guess a new step was added to this project before step-15, so all the steps were shifted up by one?

Yes, it seems so. With the new deployment the steps in the repo should match the steps in production now (or soon).