Project Feedback: My Portfolio Page

Hello Campers.
I begun my coding journey three weeks ago. Since i’m pretty new to all of this, i cannot properly evaluate my latest project. I know nothing about standards, trends etc. I’d be very thankful if you could check my project and comment. Be brutally honest, i’m trying to learn and improve - every critique is welcome.
Pardon my English, it’s not my native language.
Thanks in advance.

https://nicolasbg87.github.io/

I dislike the bouncy navigation when the page is loaded. I would also remove button ‘View My Work’/‘Hide My Work’

I’m new so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I like your portfolio. Actually, I think it’s one of the best I’ve seen around here. I love the icons for the different technologies. However, I’d personally change the projects section. Having that background image and having to click to view a slide of the projects is just too… cluttered. Not sure how else to describe it.

Other than that, I think you have a great portfolio.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Now when i look at it, day after creation, i do realize that navbar animation might be too agressive considering that h1 and h2 are animated.

For work section, i’m figuring out better solution for slider… for example: put indicators,prev+next arrows in a ~30px height container and give it dark transparent background so they can be seen better on bright background. Also i’ll add caption and make it zoom a bit on mouse over. Btw, forgot to forward it to codepen projects :smiley:

Considering the button collapse matter, i did it cause i wanted to do something different. When looking at other people’s portfolios, it’s almost always some pre made theme with little to no modifications. After i gather enough feedback i’ll write down some ideas and start modifying. I want to stand out and be different, but not at the cost of functionality.

Cheers, lads.