Hi all,

Any feedback on my project, please.

https://codepen.io/calebjwales/full/VwKzXdy

Thanks in advance.

HI @calebjwales!

Welcome to the forum!

I think your page looks good.

I would review this lesson
Give Links Meaning by Using Descriptive Link Text https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/applied-accessibility/give-links-meaning-by-using-descriptive-link-text

Wikipedia entry is not that accessible

1 Like

Hi @jwilkins.oboe,

Thanks for the welcome and feedback. Much appreciated.

I will review the lesson. Can I ask for a suggestion of a descriptive text to use instead of “Wikipedia entry”?

You could try Lord Kitchener’s biography instead of wikipedia entry

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I like it.

Welcome to the forums @calebjwales. Regarding the projects;

• Make the project from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take code from the sample project.
    • The projects aren’t just another challenge. Each one is meant to be a significant step in your progress. Every project you do will require research, planning, trial and error, and strengthening your skills beyond what you gain from the incremental challenges.
  • Your page has too much taken from the sample.
1 Like

Thank you very much for the welcome @Roma and your feedback.

I think you made some great points. I have some trouble finding inspiration so I did copy the idea from the sample and made some changes and customizations. Can you please offer some advice on the planning and research component of the project?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

You had an original idea with your subject matter @calebjwales . The only advice I can offer is to make it your own. Start with the user stories and fulfill each one with the knowledge you got from the lessons. The use CSS to style your page to the best of your ability. If you have an issue use the Read-Search-Ask method.

1 Like

Hi @Roma,

Happy New Year, :tropical_drink:

I redid the page from scratch using the same content as before. I first met the user stories requirements then I put a piece of my soul into it as well. I opted to use a grid layout and tried my best to keep it responsive to the screen width.

Let me know what you think.