i just completed my survey project. i would love to here your thoughts about it. https://codepen.io/Zeighnab/full/dyGoEZM
Hey! Everything looks really good. Only thing is you’ll want to run your code through a validator. Quite a few errors that pop up that you’ll want to clean up. Otherwise great work!
Your from looks good @olaniyanzainab but there are things you need to revisit;
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
- There are HTML coding errors you should address. In addition to the errors you need to clean up;
- Remember, an
idmust be unique in the document. User’s should be able to click on the label to select, not just the radio button / checkbox. To see the effect of duplicating an
idin your form, click on any of the labels in the “Cleanliness” or “Order Accuracy” and you’ll see the only thing that gets selected is that same label in the “Food Quality”. That’s not the way you want your form to work.
- You put in a required pattern for the Name and Email. That means a user has to exactly match that pattern. Only by seeing your code do I know that the only thing I can enter into those fields is “John Doe” and “firstname.lastname@example.org” respectively. Obviously not everyone has that name or email.
- As an aside, the placeholder text should show the format of how you want the field populated. It shouldn’t echo the label.
- Don’t use
<br>to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
Here is a correction: https://codepen.io/Zeighnab/full/dyGoEZM
That looks better @olaniyanzainab. Nice job. Though you should get rid of the plethora of