Project on technical documentation page

User Story #2: Within the #main-doc element, I can see several section elements, each with a class of main-section . There should be a minimum of 5.
i have tried googling to get this done,but ain’t getting the solution.please help
A Pen by justice (codepen.io)

The pen you have linked has almost no code in it.

1 Like

I think it is important to stop and think about what you are building first instead of running through user stories.

Your task is to create a technical document page on a given subject.

The subject matter could be
HTML
CSS
JavaScript
Java
Python
…etc

Just pick a language and build a page for it. :grinning:

In this page you are going to have different headers and sections talking about the subject matter.

If we look at the FCC sample we can see headers and sections here

User story 2 is asking you to create these sections that will correspond with each header.

It’s telling you need a minimum of 5 sections with the class of main-section.

Make sense?

i understood what i was asked to do, all i needed was source.like i said before i have been creating a section with class,seems not to be getting it right or is it not what the user is demanding me to do?

I am looking at your code and I don’t see a class here

<main id="main-doc">
  <section>

You need a main end tag </main>
You need a section end tag. </section>
You need a class of main-section in the <section> tags
And you need 5 of those sections filled with content.

make sense?

1 Like

thanks so much been off due to my pc was faulty,but i am fully back

please i need help on user #10 and user #13 on documentation page
A Pen by justice (codepen.io)

When a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

The failing user story (#13) says;
When I click on a navbar element, the page should navigate to the corresponding section of the “main-doc” element (e.g. If I click on a “nav-link” element that contains the text “Hello world”, the page navigates to a element that has that id and contains the corresponding .

Every .nav-link should have an href value that links it to its corresponding .main-section (e.g. href="#Introduction"). Check that these .main-section ids have corresponding href values : Senegal : expected 1 to equal 0 AssertionError: Every .nav-link should have an href value that links it to its corresponding .main-section (e.g. href="#Introduction"). Check that these .main-section ids have corresponding href values : Senegal : expected 1 to equal 0

Do you understand what the test is looking for?

2 Likes

It looks like you were able to pass all of the tests now.
Congrats. :grinning:

Now you just have to clean up the html errors.
https://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input

1 Like

i was so happy i did.youtube and google was of great help to me :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.