Pseudo Link on Nav Bar

I am trying to add colors to my visited/unvisited link on my side bar. However, it is only working on my left floating body links and nothing will change the side bar. Please help! How do I target the links on my side bar for pseudo properties? Thank you!		

<aside>
			<nav id="nav_list">
				<ul>
					<li class="link1"><a href="#">Home - Introduction</a></li>
					<li><a href="#">Second  </a></li>
					<li><a href="#">First   P</a></li>
					<li><a href="#">Second  </a></li>
					<li><a href="#">Third   </a></li>
					<li><a href="#">Fourth  </a></li>
					<li><a href="#">Fifth </a></li>
					<li><a href="#">Sixth   </a></li>
					<li><a href="#">Seventh </a></li>
				</ul>
			</nav>
		</aside>

Things I have tried.

a:link {color: red; }
a:hover {color: red;}
a:visited {color: red;}

#Nav_list a:link {
color: red; }

Maybe I’m missing something here, but you need to make the :visited selector a different color than the :link selector.

If you want to target just links in this nav then preface your rule with #nav_list.

I am just trying to get any of the links to work which is why I turned them all to red. I cannot target any of the links to get them to do anything regarding pseudo elements. Nothing happens no matter what I enter. It isn’t being selected for some reason.

I already tried to use the #nav_list for pseudo which I typed above

#nav_list a:link {
color: red; }

Why isn’t it working? The color does not change.

#nav_list a:link {
  color: red; 
}

What you have here is the correct way to target a link in that nav bar. You are only targeting links that haven’t been visited yet. All of the links in your example have the same href, so once one is visited, they all are. Try changing the href on a few of them and see if your colors start to show up.

I just found out the problem. I had an ID selector targeting the nav bar keeping it the original color. I removed it and now it is working fine. Thank you for the responses though =)