Pulling my hair out for 2 days now - Cat App Step 60

I’m lost. I put the value in there. Why doesn’t it check out??

<fieldset>
            <legend>What's your cat's personality?</legend>
            <input id="Loving" type="checkbox" name="personality"> <label value="Loving"> Loving</label>
            <input id="lazy" type="checkbox" name="personality"> <label value="lazy"> <label for="Lazy"> Lazy</label>
            <input id="energetic" type="checkbox" name="personality"> <label value="lazy"> Energetic</label>
          </fieldset>

The value attribute goes on the check box (in other words, the input).

And don’t remove the for attribute on the labels.

1 Like

Okay, tried this and still getting the same error message.

All three checkboxes should have a value attribute. Check that there is a space after the opening tag’s name and/or there are spaces before all attribute names.

THEY HAVE THE VALUE ATTRIBUTE (at least, that’s what I am thinking)

<fieldset>
            <input id="Loving" type="checkbox" name="personality"> <label value for="Loving"> Loving</label>
            <input id="lazy" type="checkbox" name="personality"> <label value for="lazy" label for="Lazy"> Lazy</label>
            <input id="energetic" type="checkbox" name="personality" label value for="lazy"> Energetic</label>
          </fieldset>

I do not see a value attribute on this checkbox.

<fieldset>
            <input id="Loving" type="checkbox" name="personality"> <label for value="Loving"> Loving</label>
            <input id="lazy" type="checkbox" name="personality"> <label for value="lazy" label for="Lazy"> Lazy</label>
            <input id="energetic" type="checkbox" name="personality" <label for value="lazy"> Energetic</label>
          </fieldset>

Okay did so and same error message

<fieldset>
            <input id="Loving" type="checkbox" name="personality"> label for value="Loving"> Loving</label>
            <input id="lazy" type="checkbox" name="personality"> label for value="lazy" label for="Lazy"> Lazy</label>
            <input id="energetic" type="checkbox" name="personality" label for value="lazy"> Energetic</label>
          </fieldset>

Do you understand that you have the value attribute on the label element instead of the input?

1 Like

Oh I got it now. It passed

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.