Quality Assurance Projects - Issue Tracker

I am at a loss…I am getting a test time out when here:

// running tests
You can send a GET request to /api/issues/{projectname} and filter the request by also passing along any field and value as a URL query (ie. /api/issues/{project}?open=false). You can pass one or more field/value pairs at once. (Test timed out)
// tests completed

I have spent the last hour or so trying to figure out why this is happening, and I can’t make an progress here. Could someone try this out and let me know what I’m not seeing?

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/117.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Quality Assurance Projects - Issue Tracker

Link to the challenge:

It doesn’t seem to be the response that is the issue all the test is doing is checking that it is an array and the length and that seems to be correct.

https://github.com/freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp/blob/main/curriculum/challenges/english/06-quality-assurance/quality-assurance-projects/issue-tracker.md

I think the issue is with your connection code. I would try simplifying it.

Outside the route code create a single client and DB connection.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, that was the solution. I moved the client creation to server.js, and issued the client.connect in the routes as needed and removed the client.close in the finally.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.