Quality Assurance Projects - Metric-Imperial Converter

hello comrades, can someone help this problem?

Your project link(s)

solution: boilerplate-project-metricimpconverter-5 - Nix (beta) Repl - Replit

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Quality Assurance Projects - Metric-Imperial Converter

Link to the challenge:

Part of the instructions states:

• To run the tests uncomment NODE_ENV=test in your .env file

The tests must run when the app starts, so they can be validated by the last two tests.

1 Like

it does not still work.

but how do you set this:

• Copy the sample.env file to .env and set the variables appropriately

replits require you to use the Secrets feature to create environment variables.

I don’t understand please elaborate.

What part of the replit doc do you not understand?

why the last test not working. you told me to uncomment NODE_ENV=test in your .env file and i did but still no vail.
check my replit here
https://replit.com/@LaminSuwareh/boilerplate-project-metricimpconverter-5#sample.env

Can you show where you put the NODE_ENV=test in Secrets? The sample.env is just a sample and is not the same as .env. In a replit, you can not use .env and must use Secrets feature.

well I don’t set that because I don’t know how to do that. help me that asap!

The replit instructions I linked to above explain how to add an environment variable and value.

Well I don’t understand how to set mine.

Part of being a developer is reading instructions and performing a task based on those instructions. What part of the replit instructions are you having trouble understanding. Do you see the padlock icon ? It shows you were it is located on the left side of the replit. You just click it and add the variable name and value in the applicable input boxes and click Save. That is all there is to it.

2 Likes

i see that and i can do that but i don’t know what add because ask for key and value, which are?
this is the part: * Copy the sample.env file to .env and set the variables appropriately

How did you complete the other challenges in the section before the projects? If you used replit, then you would have already had to learn how to do this.

As I already told you, you can not use .env file with replit. The key is the variable name and the value is the value. Did you try to do this?

yes! I did but still same errors.