Quality Assurance Projects - Personal Library

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
I’m trying to solve this challenge but it seems that i’m missing something here
at this test " * Failed: You can send a GET request to /api/books/{_id} to retrieve a single object of a book containing the properties title, _id, and a comments array (empty array if no comments present). If no book is found, return the string no book exists."
what the call that i should be expicting ?
is it “/api/books/?id=bookid” or “api/books/id=bookid” ?
when i try to send a get request to “/api/books/?id=bookid” nothing happens at all i don’t even get a log of bookid,
however when i send a get request to “api/books/id=bookid” i get the bookid from req.params.id as “id=randomId” instead of just getting the id, so i tried slicing it to get the id only but that does not work ,
what am I missing here , please let me know what’s wrong with my approach.

Your project link(s)

solution: boilerplate-project-library - Replit

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/112.0

Challenge: Quality Assurance Projects - Personal Library

Link to the challenge:

I’m not sure (I can look) but the test might be expecting a 200 and not a 404 for the no book exists response (as odd as that sounds).

Edit: no, that is not it.

never mind i figured it out , for some reason i keep mixing up params with query

i deleted the status part of the response, and i worked on the call as it was just the id without anything else and that solved it

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.