Quality Assurance

im made 1 exersice but the job does not accept the link with GitHub.

what did I do wrong?

what “the Live App URL”?

?

Hi @laime1517 !

Welcome to the forum!

The quality Assurance section still falls under the category of javascript so I am going to move your question over there.

The general category is more reserved for questions that don’t fit in any of the other categories (ex. questions about C, PHP, Linux, etc)

Thanks!

Welcome, laime.

I assume you skipped some sections of the curriculum? The tests rely on a Live version of your app. That is, the link to submit is the link you would give to a friend to use your website. It needs to be a link to the hosted version of your app. Not a link to code - the tests cannot send GET/POST/PUT/DELETE requests to a client-side text document.

This is why it is recommended to complete the app using the Repl.it link given in the description. You do not have to use it, but if you do not, you need to know how to host your application from a publicly reachable URL.

Hope this clarifies

Hello!
Yes, I understand you perfectly, I cannot use clean code from GitHub. But how do I attach this code to the site? I don’t have a website. Do I really need to write a whole site for this?
Please see below, I copied the condition of the task. It mentions “site builder”. Where can I find it? Perhaps you can insert the code there?

Learn How JavaScript Assertions Work Passed
Working on these challenges will involve you writing your code using one of the following methods:

• Clone this GitHub repo and complete these challenges locally.
  • Use our Repl.it starter project to complete these challenges.
  • Use a site builder of your choice to complete the project. Be sure to incorporate all the files from our GitHub repo.

If you are unfamiliar with this, then it would probably be best for you to use Repl.it, Glitch, or CodeSandbox - online code editors which will host your application for you.

There are many; not just one. It is your choice.

This is what I suggest:

• If you are unfamiliar with hosting/deploying a website/domain, then use Repl.it
  • If you do not want to use Repl.it for some reason, then you will need to look into how to host/deploy a website. Many Campers try GitHub Pages, however GitHub Pages cannot host fullstack apps (no backend).

I am not sure what you mean by this.

Hosting and deploying is a very useful skill to have (especially as a fullstack developer), but it is not something I can walk you through here. You will need to do some research into this, and then you are welcome to open a new topic here on the forum, if you get stuck with anything along the way.

I hope this clarifies.

Ok
Let’s deal with Repl.it then. I’ll give you a screenshot. On this screen, I opened a QA task, completed this task. But I don’t see a button anywhere that will make the site hosting. How to do it on Repl it?

All I found there was “Share”, where I can get a link like this

https://repl.it/join/jhbkqykc-laime1517

This link is not a live app and is not suitable either. How to make hosting on Repl it?

When you click RUN, the repl will open a new PIP (picture-in-picture) view with the Live App. You then have the ability to:

1. Copy the link in the PIP
  2. Open the view in a new window (maximised)

EDIT: To add, REPL ‘powers down’ unused apps. So, in order to pass the tests, you will need to:

• Ensure the app is running
  • Visiting the app might take a while as it is busy ‘waking up’

Hope this helps

Hello. I did as you said and everything worked out! Thank you very much. I just didn’t know how to use Repl It. It turned out to be very simple. There were very stupid questions from me, but you answered patiently and in detail. I am very grateful to you for your help))

1 Like