Questions with MongoDB in URL shortener project

Hi everybody! I’m having difficulty with the URL Shortener project in the APIs and Microservices module. My first question is this: does anybody else feel like the complexity of the projects really leaps forward with this third one compared to the first two? I really all the sudden got that “in over my head” feeling, and this confusion with MongoDB might just be the tip of the iceberg.

Currently, what I’m grappling with is this: do I have to create a new database on MongoDB for this project? So far on my project (which may have changed by the time you’re reading this if I’ve figured something out!), I’m connecting to my database and creating a model using this code:

mongoose.connect(process.env.MONGO_URI);
const URLEntry = mongoose.model('URLEntry', new mongoose.Schema({
  url : {type: String, required: true},
  index : {type: Number, required: true}
}))

My understanding from completing the prior “MongoDB and Mongoose” challenges is that this is all I need to do in order to have a new collection on the database, is that true? I thought that somehow I would be seeing a “URLEntry” collection there when I go to my user panel on MongoDB. Am I missing a step here? Sorry about the open-endedness of this question, I just would like to talk through more of this with somebody!

Link to the challenge: