Random Quote Generator -- I would appreciate some feedback, please!

Hi everyone!

First time poster. Here is the codepen link to my generator: https://codepen.io/nickrhealy/pen/xxbzwOR

–I hard coded my quotes, because that was the only way I could think to do it. Also, I would’ve liked my animation to be a little dynamic–meaning, I would’ve liked it to adjust based on the size of the author div, instead of just traveling a set number of pixels. Anyways, please let me know what you all think!

1 Like

@nhealy Wow! I dig your project. It is working great. I saw a great and inspirational quote by M. Ali, the boxer as well as others.

Suggestions…
Think about composition, how you have layed out the elements. The twitter icon seems out of place. I would either have a symetrical composition of an loopsided composition that looks like it was done on purpose.

Keep up the good work!

Hello nhealy,

There are several things that I would like to point out.

• This is not a mobile friendly app - There are lot of mobile users out there, think of them too. See what I mean :arrow_double_down:

The person who said the thing just GTFO :smile: when you press new quote that is quite a funny bug.

• ‘integrity’ is not a valid attribute of the <script> element.

• –I hard coded my quotes, because that was the only way I could think to do it…

• Try axios maybe? With like this rest API.

Take care,
Narcis

@nhealy I think it is okay to hard code your quotes starting out. That is what I would have done before finding out about APIs. An API will give you much more flexibility. You could actually create your own API. :computer: