Random Quote Machine- where to start?

Agreed. Besides you can google “freecodecamp random quote machine” and get back a ton of tutorials on how other people have done it.

Explain to me how someone who’s taking a free beginners course could contribute to the software itself??

I don’t have any suggestions. This guys post came to my email and it was exactly what I went through so I wanted to share my experience with him.

Like I said, the first two courses were great. No issues. Kudos to Quincy and the team. The third one had me this close to giving up on this journey because I thought I wasn’t good enough. But it had nothing to do with my ability.

Btw, codepen shouldn’t be used at all. The first lesson should be how to set up a local coding environment.

I took notes, studied, did the Redux section twice and still had no idea whatsoever on how to begin the task.

Explain to me how someone who’s taking a free beginners course could contribute to the software itself??

Maybe not to the software itself, but it is possible to help with comments, observations, and suggestions.

For the record I have no idea what your level is or how long ago you did those lessons or what you’ve learned since then.