Re-made my Portfolio. Please rate from 1 - 10

+1 for the FreecodeCamp logo trick. Actually i have already tried that before but was not satisfied with the result cause the outcome was much wider in size as compared to other FontAwesome of the same size, Hence dropped that Idea.

Note: Posted separately due to Save functionality of the forum is not working on my end at the moment. SO could not edit previous post.

Right… gimme 2 ticks i’ll put my old portfolio on codepen and you can see what i mean and see the js too… it might be what you’re looking for.

I actually don’t think you need a site navigation at the top of your landing page. It would suit your site, I think, if that space should be reserved for a transparent relatively positioned nav with small white text links to support and a contact link. probably left aligned with your name/logo right aligned.

If your site were mine, I would have the main site nav positioned relativly under your landing screen until you scroll past it at which point it becomes a fixed nav - thats what you’ll see in the pen. if i rememebr rightly my implimentation wasn’t the smoothest but seeing as your quickly becoming an jQuery animation expert you’ll prob figure it out :slight_smile:

Of course this is just my opinion and and your site is yours to reflect your own tastes and style.

1 Like

Wow! Great job. I’m new to FCC so haven’t seen many portfolios but I think yours scores 10/10.

1 Like

See this old portfolio of mine I had implemented the same functionality you are describing. The difference is just that i positioned it directly below Main Heading instead of any section. So when you scroll below the heading menu becomes sticky.

https://s.codepen.io/nawazish/debug/oxMRjX

And yeah by transparent I mean the same as you just white colored links and Logo.

Thanks Camper & welcome to FCC. Keep on coding. :slight_smile:

Yes thats exactly it, glad you know what i mean cos the 2 ticks wasn’t going so well :smiley:

Ok now we’re on same page, Don’t you think your site would look extra cool with it positioned just off the bottom of your landing screen, not to be seen then picked up on scroll? I suppose that means I’d go for your #1 option.

Logo, yeh I seem to rememebr I tried the brackets in every position… got there in the end though. They go right on the outside of the i tags and then give the icon an fa-lg class.<a href="yourcodecamppage">(<i class="fa fa-fire fa-lg" aria-hidden="true"></i>)</a> .

1 Like

Thanks for those 2 ticks anyways :smiley: Appreciate the time you spared to discuss things with me. :). I am going for Option # 1 then cause it seems more practical. Will try the FCC logo again, Maybe i wasn’t satisfied because the fire is different in the center.

1 Like

Looks great I would definitely give it a 9/10.

Is it all jQuery that you use for your animations?

1 Like

Nope actually it’s a CSS library named [Animate.css] (https://daneden.github.io/animate.css/) I just tweak the animations to my liking and use JQuery or anything thing that helps me utilize those Anims as per my requirement.

The site looks great! I did notice that your “Hire Me” button takes back to the top of the webpage. I think it would make more sense if it led to the contact form! Since they are right beside each other, I would rethink having that button in general and maybe combining those sections.

The “Hire Me” button could actually be the submit button for the form as well. Just a suggestions! Other than that I loved the site!

1 Like

Actually it’s gonna lead to freelancer.com in future. For now it must be left as it is.

It looks amazing. What a great job !

1 Like

Site looks great! :+1:

If you’d like to use the real FCC logo, I wrote a post about that a little while ago. (Honestly, I’m surprised at how little interest it got. I think maybe the title wasn’t clear so I changed it. I’m sure most people would prefer to have the official logo than the substitute if they knew they had a choice.)

1 Like

Hey @GitCoderr I also looked onto your portfolio and the way you presented your Bio Blew my mind, However the button to convert it in English is not working. I will be adding this logo soon to my Page. Thanks for the share. I think your post must be pinned to top for some days.

Hey @nawazishali, haha, thanks. :slight_smile:

Re: the English bio button not working, thanks for the heads up. What did you try it on? I tested it in Chrome, FF, IE, iOS Chrome, iOS Safari and Android Chrome, and it works in all the ones I tested. Wonder why it’s not working for you…

1 Like

Hi Nawazish! Just saw your portfolio and loved it! Great job. Hope to reach this level and be able to create such great work as well. Keep up the good work, congratulations!
I’ll rate it 9 because I tried to contact you on the form available on the site, but apparently it didn’t work. But it’s really impressive, though!
Cheers from SĂŁo Paulo,
–Luiz

1 Like

Thanks for liking and rating my Portfolio. Just stick to your goals and soon you will surpass me :slight_smile: Form is not intended to work as it is just a place holder still. Will add full functionality when i am done with FCC’s Front end curriculum. Alternatively you can contact me using my Social links. :slight_smile:

Never mind I just re-checked that button and it worked. Silly browsers sometime do mischievous acts :smiley: I was using Desktop Chrome.

1 Like

Hey it is great. How long it took you to make it like this? How long have you been programming?

1 Like

I have been learning to Program for 8 months. I have taken annual leave to study full time and made this Portfolio with in two days working 7-8 hours each day on it.