Re: Time series submission help

Hello folks,

My issue is that the replit seems to be taking ages to run, or it seems like something is hindering it from completing the code. I’m currently finishing the page view time series project. I feel like I have completed it, and was running on replit to get rid of any errors and make little adjustments.

Your code so far

My Code

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.101 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Page View Time Series Visualizer

Link to the challenge:

The console does show what it’s doing: Installing packages and dependencies.
I guess Replit just runs other versions on default now compared to when the challenges were designed - thus needing time to adjust that.

However once they are installed, the current session should run without problem.

Now you might run into another issue if you didn’t adjust the size of the plots - the bigger they are, the longer it will take for the limited resources replit provides, to generate and save them.

Also you are failing the tests.
fig.show() is similar to print() → it generates a visible output, but doesn’t have a return value. Hence fig = fig.show() will turn fig into None-object.
Using .show() might also cause it to run slower because it has to actually generate the object in the output console.
First fix that and see how your graphs look. Then I think it only created two figures, so there seems to be another issue with the third one.

Thanks for the the help! I finally managed to finish it. I was stuck on this way longer than I should have, I just didn’t understand how to return the figures properly.

And you’re right .show() was probably causing the code to run slower on repl.it.

This was particularly useful.

fig.show() is similar to print() → it generates a visible output, but doesn’t have a return value. Hence fig = fig.show() will turn fig into None -object.

Thanks once again!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.