[React] - Persistance Login With Cookie Check Via API

Hi guys.
In my app I want to allow a user who returns to my app to be automatically forwarded to a dashboard if a cookie is already saved and valid. Valid means that, if the cookie exists, an API will check if the token from the cookie is existing.
If existing (valid), a user would be forwarded to a dashboard, a restricted route. If not, the user would be redirected to login.

Theory is fine. Now here’s the issue: though working with componentDidMount it’s not working as I want. I get back that the result is wrong - not authenticated - and doesn’t forward. Then the request is loading successfully, but nothing happens. Now the problem is that it’s hard to find a tutorial really covering this issue that helps.

I’d like to provide the following example in a CodeSandbox so you can see what I’ve created so far.

Maybe it’s a simple issue, but it drives me crazy. It’s easier in Javascript. if you need more information or anything is not clear, please let me know.

Thanks people.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.