React Pharmacy App

Hi everyone,

I work in a pharmacy and I have built a pharmacy management app for maintaining patient records , transaction records and inventory control. To practice algorithm, I have also included a calculator that calculates the best drug deal from different drug sources using dynamic programming. Would be grateful if you could provide any feedback.

Dispense
Github

Hi @nathanlam!

I think your app looks good.

Just a couple of things.

For smaller screens, there is a horizontal scrollbar and there is a little white space on the top. I think there could be improvements for the responsiveness.

For the patient page, it would be nice if all of the boxes lined up.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Hey Nathan,

your app is very cool, I like it! :+1:

Some ideas:

• the user interface has some small inconsistencies, e.g. the inner padding of the inputs on the drug information page, the dark red color doesn’t fit the pink color that well; the typography of the drug information table doesn’t fit the New Patient labels; you can read more about it in principles of design

• I can’t see the chinese (?) characters; this is my fault, because I don’t have them installed on my system, but non-techies probably don’t know how to solve this; maybe you should give them a hint

• when I decrease the width of my browser, the content gets cut off; a horizontal scrollbar is mostly something you want to avoid; this is important for people who read your page on a smartphone.

• your testing is set up, so you maybe want to add some tests, especially because it is a health app and people could get hurt, e.g. when the Allergy or Adverse Drug Reaction field would be missing.

Keep up the great work,
looking forward to seeing your next steps! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your advice. Originally, the app was meant to be used on a desktop/laptop , so I did not pay much attention to responsiveness. Will surely work on that. Really grateful for pointing out areas of improvement for the UI design of the app, as I am really not good at it.