"Record Collection" instructions missing a step

In the Record Collection task, the instructions are missing a key step, which might confuse people.

This instruction seems to be missing a requirement:

“If prop is tracks but the album doesn’t have a tracks property, create an empty array and add value to it.”

The instructions don’t tell the student what to do with this new array, and if you follow the instructions as written, you can’t pass this lesson.

It might help a lot if the instructions included an extra requirement at the end of this line, something like this:

“Create a new tracks property where the value is your new array.”

Would it be possible to add something like this to the instructions, to help students to pass the lesson by following the instructions as written?

Thank you for considering it!

Joe

I guess I take it for grated that it is obvious that the new array should be assigned to the tracks property rather than being abandoned to the void or have something else done with it? :man_shrugging:

Eh, this isn’t exactly what we’re doing. That overloads the word value.

I’d say something like

If prop is tracks but the album doesn’t have a tracks property, assign an empty array to the tracks property and add value to it.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.