Record collection: Is my syntax an acceptable alternative?

Tell us what’s happening:
The challenge makes the requirement that " * If prop is tracks but the album doesn’t have a tracks property, create an empty array and add value to it."
The object has an id, 5439, that does not contain a tracks key, so I created one line of code to execute the demand above, but the actual “guide” page has a different line of code listed. I just want to know if my code is accomplishing the same thing with a different method.

Your code so far
the GUIDE code says
else if (prop === “tracks” && !object[id].hasOwnProperty(“tracks”)) {
collection[id][prop] = [value]
}

MY code says
else if (prop === “tracks” && id !== “tracks”) {
collection[id][prop] = [value]
}

Now, is my code executing the same command or is it doing something different? Thanks.

User Agent is: <code>Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.141 Safari/537.36</code>.

**Challenge:** Record Collection

**Link to the challenge:**
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/record-collection

This check determines if the record id number is equal to the string "tracks". This will always be true, as a number will not be a string.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.