Record Collection understanding

I just recently finished the challenge Record Collection in basic JS. My question is whether you guys think I should go back and restudy some of the previous exercises?

On this exercise I had glanced at the solution a few times so I could get an idea of what I was writing and where to start. I had a very tough time with it, it took me about 2 hours to complete.

Now that all of the completed code is in front of me I do understand it, it’s just the transferring from my brain to the keyboard that I have trouble with. Is this common with most beginners? Do you guys think I’m on the right track?

I understand all of the solutions once I see them in front of me, just need a little help getting there!

When I started out with Web Development, I built a very basic site, locally on my machine. Then whenever I learned something new, I added a new page to the site and put in what I learned, (making sure I commented everything). I found that this refreshed what I was doing and also gave me a reference to look back on.

I also find that writing comments is the best way to get something straight in my head. I’ve lost count of the times that I got something relatively complex to work and then went back to write comments to explain the process step by step and realized that I was making it far more difficult than it needed to be.