Regarding the design of the page

Hi everyone,
So, I’m new to programming and really appreciating what freeCodeCamp has to teach me ! I’ve been going through the Responsive Web Design certification without much problem, so I looked at the different projects. And that leads me to my question : how do you come up with/plan the design of your page ? I feel like I’m restricting myself because I’m a beginner, so I want to keep it simple, but I also don’t want to end up with a white page with text you know ? Do you guys have any tips on coming up with a design that fits your skills and pleases you ?

Hi @xanderfostier !

Welcome to the forum!

When it comes to design some people have an eye for it while others don’t.
I definitely fall in the category of don’t :sweat_smile:

But as long as you understand good design principles and make an effort to ensure that your work is responsive then you are good to go.

For me, I always start with creating the basic structure.
So that would be getting the html structure in place and getting the basic javascript functionality working.
Then I think about would be an important layout, color scheme and font choice for the subject matter.
Once I have the basic design layout then I work from top to bottom working on one section at a time.

I think in the beginning it is totally normal to not be able to create stellar designs. You just started learning this stuff.
So simple is just fine.
Once you get more practice with html and css then you will feel more comfortable creating more elaborate designs.

If you want to learn more about design then there are plenty of tutorials online that teach it.

Here is one that I like

Hope that helps!

I’m definitely gonna check that channel, and keep trying ! It’s just the beginning of the journey:)
Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer and for the tips ! :slight_smile:

Hi guys
I am having trouble with with technical documentation page .
heres what’s getting me stuck
**## 1. On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id="navbar" should be shown on the left half of the screen. It should always be visible to the user and should remain stationary. You may need to enlarge the viewport or zoom out to ensure the navbar doesn't scroll with the page content.**
pls help me guys

@allcartoon4, since your question is unrelated to the OP’s post you should open your own topic and describe the issue you’re having. A little more information because “I am having trouble…heres what’s getting me stuck” is vague.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.