Registration form step 41

I’m confused on if my set up is correct. I’m trying to pick all but the last fieldset

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

fieldset:not(:last-of-type):{
  border-bottom: 3px solid #3b3b4f;

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.4951.67 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 41

Link to the challenge:

You’re very close, you just have a couple of syntax errors. Remember, your curly braces should always work in pairs, for every opening curly brace you should have a closing curly brace. Also, I think you have one too many colons before the opening curly brace.

Thank you but i’m still stuck

Can you paste in your updated code?

fieldset :not(:last-of-type) {

border-bottom: 3px solid #3b3b4f;

}

Spaces in CSS selectors actually mean something, so you can’t just add them in there like that. If you want to use a pseudo-class to target an element then it has to be attached to the element (no space between them).

Just curious, did you add that space on purpose or was that just an honest mistake?

force of habit honestly…i’m used to spacing or either separating by comma.

Thank you though. It did the trick. will definitely mind my spacing.

This was a frustrating step to just spring this on us without explaining that there was a way to select, for example, all but the last type of something. It came out of nowhere. Suddenly it just says “hey do this” and we didn’t even know it was possible.

5 Likes

Code for Step 41 (posters here seem to be posting code for steps after 41):

fieldset {
border: none;
padding: 2rem 0;
}

OR,

fieldset {
border: none;
padding: 2rem;
padding-top: 0;
padding-bottom: 0;
}

…still learning step by step.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.