Relatively old age and physical disability

hello everyone.
I’m just starting out here learning coding to become a profession web developer. I live in United states. I am currently 36 years old and I have some physical disability. i have some genetic condition that makes me limp when I walk. I was reading the post and watching YouTube videos that are related to this and I am getting mixed opinions and also English is not my first language so my English is poor. I was told that tech industry is mostly composed with people who just graduate from college with CS degrees. So I want to ask members here for a honest opinion. Is it too late for me to start learning code and get a job with all the disadvantages I have mentioned above?

thank you very much and hope all of you guys to have a wonderful weekend?

I am not sure if that’s the case.
Different organizations may have different preferences/policies when it comes to hiring people.

In my locale you need degree if you wanna work in some government organization, their rules are bureaucratized as hell.

Private ones… may be different. Many of them are interested in your skills, not in your formal education.

The above is based on my observations in terms of vacancies, and some occasional stories about hiring process.

1 Like

You can get a job in WebDev without a degree. It is harder than getting a job with a degree, but it is definitely possible

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.