Responsive Web Design, Tribute page

Hello Campers, I finished writing my Tribute page. It is my first experience in coding so I invite you to add a feedback comment about my job.

Hey @angeniandre!

Congrats on finishing your first project. I think it looks good . The only thing that I noticed was this.

You only have the link visible when the user hovers over that space. Right now, it just looks like something is missing. I would suggest having the link visible at all times.

Happy coding!

Your page looks good @angeniandre. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • Don’t scatter same media queries throughout your CSS.
    • Have one, include all the property: value; pairs in it
  • You have blank areas on your page that are only seen when the user hovers over it.
    • What about smaller screens where there is no device to hover? This makes a bad UX.
  • The marquee element is obsolete.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.

Ok! thanks for your comment. I reviewed my coding to delete some lines of code that contain some errors, for example, the <marquee> tag which is obsolete for HTML5.

Ok! thanks for your comment. I will reviewed that.

Ok, @jwilkins.oboe thanks for your comment. I had reviewed that. Go to see it at https://codepen.io/full-stack-gamers/pen/wvWarGG?editors=1000.

1 Like

Hi Roma, thanks for your feedback about my first challenge in coding. I have deleted some of the lines which contain mistakes as the <marquee> tag which is obsolete, the color of the visited link, the <br> tag. I hope you will go to see it again and give me some recommendations.