Responsive Web Design Updates

@cbrowning

It is recommended to use the content given in the new version, because it is more up-to-date.

The Certification Projects have not changed. All you need to claim a certificate is to complete the 5 certification projects. Claiming one certification is the same as claiming another - the projects are identical, and the button to claim the certification is exactly the same.

Hope this clarifies

3 Likes

Welcome @Kinatu ,

The lower the number, the higher the importance.

In other words, the number 1 is lower than the number 2. So, the importance of the h1 element is higher than the importance of the h2 element.

Hope this clarifies.

If you are still confused, or have more questions, I recommend opening a new topic.

2 Likes

It does thank you. It could be helpful if that comment that legacy is no longer a part of the certification path be removed for clarity. It makes it appear that legacy is no longer valid. I understand you want to encourage prospective students to use the new one, but it’s misleading for people like me.

1 Like

But it is no longer part of the main curriculum learning path
 That statement is literally true. It is only being retained for a while to let people who are started the legacy curriculum to finish it out if they don’t want switch. It is not recommended for new learners to use the legacy curriculum and it will eventually be removed, like all of the previous legacy curricula. Your certificate will still be there, but eventually people won’t be able to go through the old content anymore.

1 Like

Best response. Thank you. That part wasn’t clear. I assumed it would eventually go away, but I didn’t see a date for when that happens. I could have missed it. I get emails from Quincy, I follow him on Twitter, it may have been publicized but if it was I missed it. It would be nice if that statement could be edited to include the date when it is no longer available?

2 Likes

There is not sunset date currently set that I am aware of.

1 Like

That may need to be my next question.

1 Like

We’ll advertise when the sunset is happening when we know when it’s happening, I imagine.

2 Likes

That’s great, thank you for the changes it gonna improve studing.

1 Like

Je viens de dĂ©couvrir la nouvelle mise Ă  jour et je prĂ©fĂ©rais effectivement l’ancienne qui avait 3 fenĂȘtres et une base aide. De plus maintenant Chrome ne traduit plus la page mais seulement le haut de la fenĂȘtre donc obliger de faire un copier/coller dans translate.

J’avais terminer tout les cours mais je vais reprendre depuis le dĂ©but, car les certifications sont maintenant liĂ© Ă  une section de cours cela sera surement mieux Ă  tester.

the final projects are what give the certification, and those are the same in the old and in the new certification

the translation for the curriculum is in progress. If you would like to help out we would be glad to have you onboard

1 Like

Hi There, just a question I have come a long way with the legacy course and I’m about to finish. Can I still get my certificate or do I need to start again? I’m really really hoping I don’t have to do it all again? Kind regards Brendan

1 Like

after submitting my code for the certification projects it was removed, and I didn’t know that I have to download it because I thought it would stay there. Since i put some effort into the tribute page it would be cool if I can get back the code. best regards

1 Like

the code for submitted projects is saved, if you don’t see it anymore in the project page, you can always see what’s saved as submitted project in your account in your settings

1 Like

Hi, can I still take the Legacy Responsive Web Design and have certificate at the end of the course?

1 Like

Yes. None of the initial information at the top of this thread is out of date yet.

1 Like

So if I take the course today I can still get the certificate?

1 Like

Still yes, lol. We do not have a planned date for removing the old curriculum at this time.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes it will still be there for reference. You will still be able to do it though you will need to do the projects of the “New Responsive Web Design Certification” to get an updated certificate if I’m correct

1 Like