Responsive Web Design Updates

It is not a bug. Codepen does linking for you but everywhere else you need to do it yourself.

1 Like

Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form.

Step 4

Add a title element to the head , and give your project a title of Registration Form . Also, nest a self-closing link element in the head element. Give it a rel attribute value of stylesheet , a type attribute value of text/css , and an href attribute value of styles.css .

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css">

The solution above is not accepted.

1 Like

Hi @Huichoman !

There is an open issue on this matter

1 Like

I think you can check the next step and see the already written code in the next lesson.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

I just completed all of the projects, and I believe the “Building a Ferris Wheel” project should be before “Building a Penguin.”
I was confused about how to code the penguin, but I realized later that the necessary animation elements are taught in the ferris wheel project. Also, at the end of the penguin project, it congratulates me for completing the courses.

1 Like

HI @chenderson !

Welcome to the forum!

Ohhh I see that right here

I wonder if the ferris wheel and penguin projects were originally switched in the beta version?

I will bring up an issue on github.

Thanks for pointing this out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The new and updated version works well, I like the way the coding now builds up as you progress through the courses. It shows very clearly how things are build up, which is nice!
One downside so far is that I’m really missing the more in depth explanations and the examples that were part of the legacy version of the course. It really helped me understand better WHY the code works the way it does and what to expect when you’re doing it right. In fact this was one of the main features that made me choose Freecodecamp over many of the other online course platforms that I could find.
Are there any plans on returning these aspects to the new and updated version of the course, in a similar or an adapted version to fit the new style better? It would really improve the learning experience for me.

2 Likes

Hello! I have finished the old Responsive web design course and I have shared it on linkedin, but when I click “show credential” the projects do not appear.

1 Like

will the leagcy course always be there or will it get deleted?

1 Like

for now it’s there. it may be eventually retired completely

1 Like

New curriculum is great improvement from old, couple of mini projects and then final project to apply that knowledge, this is how programming should be learnt. Will javascript section get similar treatment?

3 Likes

all the curriculum will be updated with this new project based format

2 Likes

hola , no puedo ver mi progreso con el nuevo formato.
Y otra cosa, yo soy de Argentina y necesito que las conignas para los ejercicios sean en español.
Gracias

1 Like

Hi @asiares_naty !

Welcome to the forum!

Your progress should still be available under the legacy certificate.

The translation team is working hard at translating the new curriculum into other languages besides english.

2 Likes

Hey,
In my profile I don’t have any certifications under the “current” corriculum. But when I want to claim my certification in the new corriculum I only get a link to view my legacy certificate and don’t even get an option for the new one. So it is pretty much impossible to get the resposnive web dev certification to show up in my profile, as I am not allowed to claim it because I already have the old.

But I see the certifications as a huge motivation factor and would like them to show in my profile. I would appreciate if the team could change something about that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your responses.

I do utilize google searches, the forum, and experimentation extensively and only look at the source code as a last resort. It would have been good to have a heads up that everything was going to change without warning.

Do you (or anyone else with FCC) know if the other courses are also in the process of being updated? I only started learning to code with the Responsive Web Design course a few weeks ago, and it seems I am just a few weeks behind the updates. If a new version of the Javascript module is going to be rolled out soon as well, it would be great to know that before I dive in only to have things change abruptly partway through.

1 Like

Do you happen to know when the new Javascript curriculum will be updated and released? That’s the next module for me and I would like to study in the new format rather than start with the old one then have it change.

2 Likes

We are in the same boat.

2 Likes

Yes, all of the courses will be updated eventually in this new format.

Not for a while.
It is still in the early stages and it takes a while to build out the projects and test them thoroughly.

Hope that helps!

1 Like