Responsive Web Projects-Personal Portfolio-STUCK

Codepen Link

I have one test failing that has got to do with the links in the navbar. But as far as I can tell everything is fine. Can anyone help me figure it out

@madKNIGHT, screenshots are not helpful. Posting the link to your code is sufficient.

First thing I tell people what a test fails is to click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

Granted, this error message is kind of vague especially since it appears to you that the page does move. But looking at your code is a different story.
You have all of your code wrapped in a main element. Semantically that would not be correct. The nav would be separate. You can research and see how semantic elements can/should be used.
Similarly, you have all your sections wrapped in one div element. Computers are dumb. They do what you tell them to do. Since all of the sections are together the tests think the page isn’t moving.
If I have your sections out of that div the test will pass. Know however that something else breaks so you’ll have to fix that.

Although you only mentioned one test failing I think you know there were/are two that are failing. I’m guessing it was the one you mentioned that you wanted help with and you would tackle the other one later.

1 Like

Thank you for getting back to me on such short notice.

Concerning the use of the main element as a wrapper, I have not had that issue with other projects and even the Technical Documentation project encouraged its use so i did not think it would be an issue. I would brush up on semantics to better understand it.

I’ll try taking the section elements out of the single div wrapper(might wreck the whole code but…) to see how that goes and get back to you.

And you said I have multiple tests failing but I only have one test failing when I check. Can you kindly recheck and lemme know what else is failing because I only see the one.
( I did have one failing about the welcome section but I resolved that before opening this post, so I’m not sure if that is the one that’s still persisting )

Remove the overflow property from #section-container, then set the #navbar position property to fixed instead of absolute.

1 Like

Yeah yeah yeah thanks.
Lol I was so tired I forgot its fixed instead of absolute.

I think because I’m overflowing within the container instead of the actual page, the test is registering the page as not moving.

Thank you for your contribution, I’ll try that too.