Restrict Possible Usernames problem

Hi campers!
I am learning regular expressions and have reached Restrict Possible Usernames challenge. I am having difficulty in passing this test. I’m sorry but I do not understand how to develop logic of given information.
I have learned regular expressions curriculum twice so that I can understand more but I just don’t understand how to implement what i have learned.Can anyone help me with this or refer to link which is helpful, where i can read more about regex!

Yeah, give yourself a break, this is hard stuff. And regex, well, let’s just say that a lot of us don’t like it much. But it is also incredibly powerful. But, yeah, it can be a pain.

Of course you can just google regex. I also like to go to regex playgrounds (like regex101.com) where I can type in some regex and type in some test strings and see what gets matched while I work on it.

If you get stuck, you can post what you have so far and we can try to help you.

Thank you for posting about regex101.com . That really helps learning about regex. I had trouble on that assignment too.
This site helps with generating regex’s too: https://regex-generator.olafneumann.org/ . I haven’t found a natural language to regex generator, although there was indication that GPT-3 might be used for that. Surprised no one has done that yet - certainly above my level right now.
Thank you. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes I have already searched about it on google.
Thanks for pointing me to this website. I hope it will prove helpful for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.