}
  }
  for(let i = 0; i < arr.length; i++){
    if(arr[i].includes(max)){
      return arr;
    }
  }
}

largestOfFour([[4, 5, 1, 3], [13, 27, 18, 26], [32, 35, 37, 39], [1000, 1001, 857, 1]]);

What is the problem with the code ?

Can you post the link to the challenge?

https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-algorithm-scripting/return-largest-numbers-in-arrays

for(let i = 0; i < arr.length; i++){
    if(arr[i].includes(max)){
      return arr;
    }
  }

You canot return values like this from loops. Instead, push the value in an array and then return the array.

You are doing it wrong, and got the challenge not correct.

Check the expected results, and challenge again.

I needs you find maximum value of each array , then put all these numbers together and return an array contains maximum number of each index.
e.g.

largestOfFour([[17, 23, 25, 12], [25, 7, 34, 48], [4, -10, 18, 21], [-72, -3, -17, -10]]) should return [25, 48, 21, -3].
If you check the expected result [25, 48, 21, -3], you see the first index(25) is the maximum number of first array, second(48) is the largest in second array and so on…

Hint: before you go to search for max value, have a result as array.

With two for loop(as you did) try to find the maximum number of each 2nd-level array(not the whole data).
TIP: always assume first element of each array as maximum.

No, this is possible to return arr just like the code you quoted, but OP got the challenge wrong.

I dint really understand the question correctly . Thanks alot it was very helpful .