Review Landing Page REDO 😊

Hi Everyone!
I am currently on the JAVASCRIPT ALGORITHMS AND DATA STRUCTURES. It was very difficult to stay motivated at it so I decided to take a break and review my Html and CSS concepts.
It is not from any of the FCC Projects.
Preview ----->Github
Code on codepen ------->Please use it only for code.
code on ------->Github
Please do criticisms. Thanks in advance.:grinning:

Hi @mrohanrajput !

I think your page looks good.

For me personally, I think it would be nice if the About us section text was broken up in smaller paragraphs with space in between for readability reasons.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thanks for your review. I never realized the paragraph thing.

Nice job on making this! It looks good, but I do have some recommendations that you might want to update.

1. Too heavy on gradients

This is something almost all web developer do, including me once. We tend to overuse something when really we shouldn’t. Some gradients are nice, but too many isn’t. Let’s take a look of some things you can change.

Do you ever see a product box styled like this anywhere online? Try to use some design examples for inspiration. Since the background is already a gradient, it will be better if you make it a solid color.

Heavy gradients on small elements/buttons is a big no-no. You can use a lighter gradient (transitioning from a color to a similar color) for a smaller element. Gradients with a more drastic change are suited for larger elements.
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 11.55.20 AM

Changing up some colors

You did pick some nice-looking colors and it looks like your imagination is full of colors. That’s a good thing, but once again, too much isn’t good. Pick a palette of specific colors and use them accordingly.

Transitioning from dark to light. I would not recommend this since it is very painful on the eyes especially if a user is viewing your website at night. If you want a dark landing page, keep it dark. If you want a light one, keep it light. You can also pick a grey-ish theme to keep it kind of in between if you like.

Other tips

Just some things you can patch up.

A paragraph like this tends to drive someone away from reading it. People usually won’t bother reading something if it looks like a lot. Try making the font size bigger and increasing the line height of the text. If an article is long and has good spacing, users are more likely to want to read it.

Also, try to use text-align: justify; instead of aligning paragraphs to center.

Here’s a shot from my portfolio that you can use as an example.

Input shadows are too thick. It makes them feel small, crammy, and more painful to fill out.
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 12.03.27 PM
Try making your inputs bigger, have less shading, and have some more padding.

Try to make the submit button a solid color. It seems like it’s bulging out too much. If you want to make the button look 3D, try looking into neumorphism.
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 12.04.52 PM

Overall, you did an amazing job. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Hi @ConnerOw1115 !
Thanks for your detailed review. I was really looking for something like this. About the color mistakes, I already felt that the page is overcolored but I thought it would look good.

Never realized that there is something like that, would probably check it out.

I am sorry for that, wouldn’t do this again.

got it.

I checked it out, and it was great.

Again thanks, I have some things going on, after that I will work with these tips.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.