Review my Portfolio!

Finished redoing my portfolio. Let me know what you think!

Hi Dawson,

Here’s the new one. I completely forgot to include it in the original.

Thanks for the feedback!

That’s odd, around what level did it happen?

Thanks for taking the time to bug check, I appreciate it.

I made it so that the array that contains your input is reset after every “boop”. Seems to have fixed the problem.

Made it so that smileys only show on levelup and added a replay on incorrect submission.

The design with the menu on the left is clean and simple, especially with the classy black and white theme. As a website, it’s effective in getting the point across to the user.

As a portfolio, I would jazz it up just a bit. Put some margins between the <li>s in the portfolio. Give the links some breathing room so the potential client knows exactly what they’re clicking on. You might want to think about adding an image of the site so they have a general idea.

You should also remove the projects that are under construction. They can view those on your Github, but it’s unprofessional on a portfolio site.

I don’t know if this is intentional or not, but the menu disappears when the window is smaller (mobile devices)?

Take these tips with a grain of salt. I don’t know if this is a portfolio you’re sending out to a potential client or recruiter. I’m just spitballing ideas! If there’s one thing I would definitely add, it would be a target="_blank" attribute to your portfolio links so they pop up in a separate window.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback drregg6,

Removed the under construction projects, spaced out the list elements and added the new window clicks as per your suggestions!

The disappearing menu is intentional, I was thinking about using a hamburger menu for mobile navigation but wasn’t sure what the best way to implement it was. Do you have any suggestion regarding best practices?

This isn’t something I’m going to send out just yet.

More feedback is welcome!

Woo, the portfolio is a lot easier to use now!

I utilize Bootstrap’s hamburger menu for mobile navigation. Check it out, but I would understand your hesitation from cluttering your clean CSS with Bootstrap

Cheers drregg6!

I’ll see if I can copy a snippet of Bootstrap’s CSS just for the hamburger menu :slight_smile: