Review my Tribute Page

I am very new to free code camp and I am only a Sophomore in High school. This is my first ever project related to web development. Some feedback would be very useful in my quest to become a freelancer or get a developer job by the time I graduate high school. Also some advice/motivation for a beginner developer would be more than welcome. Please don’t hold back on the criticism it wouldn’t hurt my feelings but keep in mind that i’ve never done anything web development related prior to this.

Here is my project : https://codepen.io/ahenry890/pen/PbVNmq

check out the sample again, the lists should be aligned like a grocery list :wink:

Something you should consider is using a container with fluid properties. This way when you resize the window the page degrades or resizes gracefully which is one of bootstraps huge benefits. Additionally I would look into using divs to organize your sections. This will allow you to apply specific styling to particular sections if you need, by adding classes or IDs.

Be mindful of your code, you have some extra spaces which do not need to be there and it is breaking your code causing unexpected results. Because you already have a class selector for your image, consider removing any inline styling you have applied in the html and adding it to the css like so.

.smaller-image{
  width: 800px;
  margin-right: 50px;
  margin-left: 70px;
  border-style: solid;
  border-width: 5px;
  border-color: #fff;
  }

Your doing fine, just keep plugging away and before you know it this will all be second nature to you :smiley:

1 Like