Right approch for JS development?

Hi, I did

1. Responsive Web Design Certificate
  2. JavaScript Algorithm & Data Structures Certificate
  3. Frontend Development Library Certificate

And I am building projects from Frontend Mentor challenges at the moment, My question is when I am building project, I had to look for help or google the answer like “how to use setInterval”, “how to make switchbox”, “how to do form validation”. Is this the way to learn and become a developer or I have to do something else. This things without looking for code example or doing research like how to implement, its impossible for me code.

When will I know like, I have reach intermediate level of coding. I mean like I am able to build project of advance level from “frontend Mentor” but at the same time I feel like I know nothing.

Looking forward for valuable advice from your success and experince.

Hi there,

It’s great to hear about your progress and the certificates you’ve earned, as well as your dedication to building projects from Frontend Mentor challenges. It’s completely normal to encounter situations where you need to seek help, research, or look up examples when you’re working on projects, especially as you’re learning and growing as a developer. This process is a fundamental part of becoming a proficient developer, and it’s something that even experienced developers do regularly.

Here are a few points to keep in mind:

1. Learning is Iterative: The learning process in web development, and in programming in general, is often iterative. You build your knowledge step by step, and it’s okay to rely on external resources to help you learn and complete projects. In fact, this is a common and practical way to learn.
  2. Problem-Solving Skills: One of the most important skills for a developer is problem-solving. The ability to look up information, understand it, and apply it to your projects is a valuable skill. It’s not just about memorizing everything but knowing how to find the information you need.
  3. Progress Is Gradual: Becoming an intermediate or advanced developer is a gradual process. As you continue to work on projects, you’ll naturally encounter more complex challenges, and with time and practice, you’ll develop a deeper understanding and problem-solving skills.
  4. Impostor Syndrome: Feeling like you “know nothing” is a common experience, even among experienced developers. It’s often referred to as impostor syndrome. It’s essential to acknowledge your achievements and continue building your confidence.
  5. Collaboration and Mentoring: Consider seeking out opportunities to collaborate with other developers or find a mentor. Working with others and learning from their experiences can help accelerate your learning process.

Remember that there’s no specific point at which you suddenly become an “intermediate” developer, and learning in web development is a continuous journey. Embrace the challenges and the learning process, and don’t be discouraged by moments of uncertainty. As you gain experience, your confidence and skills will grow, and you’ll find yourself able to tackle increasingly complex projects. Keep up the excellent work, and you’re on the right path to becoming a successful developer.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.