Hello, I would love some feedback on my project. I already ran it through the W3C markup validation service and it did not raise any issues (the Codepen version I’m sharing below doesn’t have things like doctype & lang="" but my local code does).
Here is the link: https://codepen.io/bhehar/pen/JjKRLpZ
I would love feedback on things I am doing inefficiently such as using too many classes or too much specificity when not necessary.
Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forums @bhehar. Your form looks good. Some things to revisit;
- Keep the test script when forking the pen (
- The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
- Your page passes 16/17 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
- Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the
body element in HTML. (No need to include the
body tags). For anything you want to add to the
<head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
- Make the project from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take code from the sample project.
- Notice that like the sample you have
font-family: 'Poppins', sans-serif; in the
body selector yet you neither
link to it (
head element in HTML) or
import it (CSS).
Thank you for the feedback.
I did not enjoy working withing Codepen so I moved my code to my local machine, and during all the copying from codepen -> local -> W3C -> local -> codepen, I lost the test script. Anyways, that is now resolved and the boilerplate code is gone as well.
I’ve also replaced the font. I originally thought I was supposed to emulate the sample project as much as possible so I used chrome dev tools to find the font.