RWDP: I pass the test but my pages aren't functional

Tell us what’s happening:
Passing all the test for each of the basic page production challenges however none of my pages look functional. Everytime I move something to try to fix the user view of the page it causes the test to fail. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong or what I need to do to fix the pages. I tried to style everything with the css. I think I just do not know what I’m doing.

Your code so far
Personal Portfolio Page:

Technical Documentation Page:

Landing Page:

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.96 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:

What do you want to do on each of these pages?

On all of these projects I wanted them to be modeled after the example pages given. However I will list the major annoyances:

On “Landing Page” I just want the video to not scroll over my header and the email address submission bar to be top and center either above or below the video.

On, “Technical Documentation” my navigation bar is two columns and none of the formatting seems right or similar to what I see in the example page.

On, “Personal Portfolio” I would like my navbar to stay at the top but without the “welcome” in the way. I’d like my navbar to be horizontally aligned and to get rid of the blue space to the right of the view area. I really wanted this one to work similar to the example while I was going to change some of the icon shapes and colors.

Okay that helps.

So let’s look at the portfolio first.

Your body should have all your content in it. Right now your body tag has several items out side of it. Body tags are the viewable area of the browser, the only tags that go outside of it are html, head, script, style. nothing else (unless they are tags that go in the head section).

Next you should set some styles on your h1 tag in that section.

On the nav, you need to set some width, otherwise it will default to the widest element you have, the list should be set to display: inline, and you’ll need to set your colors and styles on the a tags in the list as well.

Why not try that first and post your progress.