}

/* Add media query below */

@media (max-height: 800px) {
     p {
        font-size: 10px;
      }
    }

</style>

<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vivamus quis tempus massa. Aenean erat nisl, gravida vel vestibulum cursus, interdum sit amet lectus. Sed sit amet quam nibh. Suspendisse quis tincidunt nulla. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Ut sit amet pretium nisl. Vivamus vel mi sem. Aenean sit amet consectetur sem. Suspendisse pretium, purus et gravida consequat, nunc ligula ultricies diam, at aliquet velit libero a dui.</p>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_5) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.1.1 Safari/605.1.15.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-principles/create-a-media-query/

What browser are you using?

Check this guide to media queries out. First thing that jumps out at me is that you did not specify which media you’re trying to call…

@media screen (max-height: 800px) {
     p {
        font-size: 10px;
      }
    }

screen, handheld, all, and print are a few. My guess is you want screen.

I have a mac so I use safari.

Free Code Camp has been updated to use newer technologies. It makes the application much faster and it means that we can go much longer without having to do a huge migration like the recent one. However, Edge, Internet Explorer, and Safari are very bad about choosing not to adhere to standards and support new functionality in JS and CSS. Right now, that means that these browsers exhibit lots of unexpected behavior. If you become a web developer you will come to hate these browsers with every fiber of your being.

So is my answer correct? Im at a standstill?

Yes, your answer is correct. But, just so you know, you will not be able to run tests successfully for many of the challenges if you choose to use Safari. I suggest using Firefox or Chrome for web development.

I just downloaded google chrome and its working now. Thanks.

Happy coding!

3 Likes