Says it is incorrect but horrible instructions and have no idea what could be incorrect

Tell us what’s happening:
The assignment called to exchange advert with a period.
I checked it. It said it was correct and it wouldn’t let me move forward.

Your code so far

<style>
.item1{background:LightSkyBlue;}
.item2{background:LightSalmon;}
.item3{background:PaleTurquoise;}
.item4{background:LightPink;}
.item5{background:PaleGreen;}

.container {
  font-size: 40px;
  min-height: 300px;
  width: 100%;
  background: LightGray;
  display: grid;
  grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr 1fr;
  grid-template-rows: 1fr 1fr 1fr;
  grid-gap: 10px;
  grid-template-areas:
  /* Only change code below this line */
    "header header header"
    ". content content"
    "footer footer footer";
  /* Only change code above this line */
}
</style>

<div class="container">
<div class="item1">1</div>
<div class="item2">2</div>
<div class="item3">3</div>
<div class="item4">4</div>
<div class="item5">5</div>
</div>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:74.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/74.0.

Challenge: Divide the Grid Into an Area Template

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/css-grid/divide-the-grid-into-an-area-template

When I put your code into the challenge, I get an error

// running tests
container class should have a grid-template-areas property similar to the preview but has . instead of the advert area.
// tests completed

The instructions state to enter changes only between the two comments.

I did not change anything outside the comments.

If I was supposed to change something other than that why did the instructions indicate otherwise?

The instructions state to exchange advert with a period.

I did not delete the quotes. I did not change anything else at all as per the instructions. Very poor communication on the instructions and the question.

What is the instruction trying to state and what is the question asking for? Two different adults have read the instructions and read the question and did not see any other response but to exchange advert for a period.

If any part of this is reliant upon previous material, this instruction should have indicated as such.

I was confused by the fact that you said “It said it was correct” when the test suite does not in fact say that.

Searching the forum yielded this: The seems to be a problem with this challenge

1 Like

Sorry, that is another error that I have run across. I have several “approved” answers with check marks and the program simply won’t allow me to move forward.

I changed my initial issue to this one.

But I still do not have the answers to the other ones either.

I was having the same problem, the only way I got to move forward was to hit the “spacebar-key” arter the "grid-template-areas: " line. I hope this hepls.

Hi @knownotanythings, welcome to the forum. :wave:t3:

I’m not sure why, but if you remove both of the comments listed below and keep the rest of your solution as is, your solution will pass.

Looks like this is a known bug for this challenge, as noted in the thread linked by @JeremyLT above.