Says my script function doesnt have a vaild closing tag

So I’m sure I’m missing something looked for why this isn’t working already and found nothing.
Followed the instructions very carefully and 2 of the 3 reqs. light up green but the one saying that I need to have a valid script tag and to make sure its closed is still red. From where I’m sitting it looks valid and it definitely has a closing tag so I’m not sure why its not giving me the green light, any suggestions?
Code in question is the script function at the top

-J
edit for some reason the top line of the code is cut off this is it

<script $(document).ready(function(){ **Your code so far** ```

jQuery Playground

#left-well

#target1 #target2 #target3

#right-well

#target4 #target5 #target6
``` **Your browser information:**

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0.

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/challenges/learn-how-script-tags-and-document-ready-work

Use (3) backticks (on US keyboard, it’s to the left of the number 1 key to enclose your source code.

<p>Yay! this code is enclosed in between 3 backticks</p>

Tried this and it didnt work, I’m sure I’m missing something super obvious with this sorry bout that. Tried a couple other combinations that also didnt work so I’m assuming I’m putting them in the wrong space

“<script $(document).ready(function(){ });>”

The 3 backticks is for properly formatting the code for display on the forum.

Is this really your code? If so, that is wrong. You need a script tag, and a closing script tag, and put your document.ready code inside the two script tags.

1 Like

derp I knew it was something dumb, thanks you are of course correct. My issue was it said put it inside the script element and I interpreted that as inside the <script> tag itself not inbewteen them I attribute this to not understanding what element is lol. Much appreciated