Scientific Computing with Python Projects - Budget App - Spend Chart Issue

Hello,

I’ve been trying to complete this project but I am always getting stuck in the create_spend_chart function, I’ve using the Diffchecker and I cant see any difference between my output and the expected one, here is my Replit Link:

Replit Link: boilerplate-budget-app - Replit

My Output:

"Percentage spent by category\n100| \n 90| \n 80| \n 70| o \n 60| o \n 50| o \n 40| o \n 30| o \n 20| o o \n 10| o o \n 0| o o o \n ----------\n B F E \n u o n \n s o t \n i d e \n n r \n e t \n s a \n s i \n n \n m \n e \n n \n t "

Expected Output:
"Percentage spent by category\n100| \n 90| \n 80| \n 70| o \n 60| o \n 50| o \n 40| o \n 30| o \n 20| o o \n 10| o o \n 0| o o o \n ----------\n B F E \n u o n \n s o t \n i d e \n n r \n e t \n s a \n s i \n n \n m \n e \n n \n t "

I would appreciate if someone could help with this.

Thanks :smiley:

Challenge: Scientific Computing with Python Projects - Budget App

Link to the challenge:

Hi!

So I checked this and added the missing space character but Im still getting the same error in Replit, I think I might be missing something else but can see anything on the diffChecker :confused:

Thank you so much!

'Perc[218 chars] F E \n o n \n o t [156 chars] t '
'Perc[218 chars] B F E \n u o n \n s o t [156 chars] t '

I see some missing characters here “B” and “u” and “s”, missing the word 'Business"

Hi

Could that be an issue from Replit? Im seeing the output in my local and all the characteres from Business are there :confused:

Percentage spent by category
100|
 90|
 80|
 70|    o
 60|    o
 50|    o
 40|    o
 30|    o
 20|    o  o
 10|    o  o
  0| o  o  o
    ----------
     B  F  E
     u  o  n
     s  o  t
     i  d  e
     n     r
     e     t
     s     a
     s     i
           n
           m
           e
           n
           t

Looks like you figured out your issue as your current replit passes all the tests.

1 Like

I think I will rebuilt my replit because at least on my end I am still failing the chart test :thinking::

"Expected different chart representation. Check that all spacing is exact.


Ran 11 tests in 0.059s

FAILED (failures=1)"

Thanks for the support!

EDIT: I just rebuilt my project and copy my code and all the test are ok :smiley:

I guess my previous replit had and bug or something lol

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.