Script output for Bike Rental Shop Challenge

I was referred to the contributors section from backend for my question regarding a lesson in the Relational Databases curriculum.

In the “Building a Bike Rental Shop” lesson, I noticed that the date_rented was the current date sometimes (Nov 20), but not always. A few of the script tests somehow input a date for May of last year! Not an issue for learning, but certainly not ideal in the real world. I have attached screenshots of the table set-up details and data in the table as I was working through the exercise. I’m on a MacBook Pro 2019, Ventura 13.0.1, Chrome Version 107.0.5304.110, if that makes a difference. My question: what’s going on?

Thank you! :slight_smile:
Lisa

I’m presume you didn’t start the project last year and continue it just recently? You only worked on it for a day or so?

The time should come from the VM system time. Not sure why that would change so dramatically. Perhaps when you load the VM it has a default time or something and then updates itself? That seems kind of far fetched, but it’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Edit: I see what happened I think. You used the reset button I presume. The data used for resetting the database was created back then. So it’s using that old data.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.