Script output for Bike Rental Shop Challenge

I was referred to the contributors section from backend for my question regarding a lesson in the Relational Databases curriculum.

In the “Building a Bike Rental Shop” lesson, I noticed that the date_rented was the current date sometimes (Nov 20), but not always. A few of the script tests somehow input a date for May of last year! Not an issue for learning, but certainly not ideal in the real world. I have attached screenshots of the table set-up details and data in the table as I was working through the exercise. I’m on a MacBook Pro 2019, Ventura 13.0.1, Chrome Version 107.0.5304.110, if that makes a difference. My question: what’s going on?

Thank you! :slight_smile:
Lisa

I’m presume you didn’t start the project last year and continue it just recently? You only worked on it for a day or so?

The time should come from the VM system time. Not sure why that would change so dramatically. Perhaps when you load the VM it has a default time or something and then updates itself? That seems kind of far fetched, but it’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Edit: I see what happened I think. You used the reset button I presume. The data used for resetting the database was created back then. So it’s using that old data.