Seems to meet conditions but doesn't pass test

While doing the jQuery part of the Front End coursework (specifically: https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/front-end-development-libraries/jquery/change-the-css-of-an-element-using-jquery)

My code seems to match the code examples given but it doesn’t past the test. Further the error message seems nebulous.

what am i missing?

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

do you have a dark mode browser extension?

1 Like

Yes, eventually, I did that. I tried every option, including cut-n-paste the code which works from the “next” challenge. Nothing makes the test past. I occurred again 3 more times. All with color. The color on the screen appears the color it should be, the code matches the help and other options. it doesn’t pass the test.

Yes I do. Times all of my devices. Turning that off now to see if that solves it. That’s a great catch! Thanks.

there is a notice at the beginning of each certification to avoid using extensions that affect the page as they can interfere with the tests

1 Like

Yes! Thank you so much! That solved it times all 3 of the challenges in the jQuery section about changing color (this one I asked about the two later ones to assign a change in color to parent and child). Post that as the solution if anyone else comes across this in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.