I am going to buy a domain and set up a personal website. But I have some newbie questions before doing so.
What I planned to do:
- Buy a domain and shared host it with namecheap.com.
What I want to achieve:
- Personal blog to document my learning, for which I plan to use Wordpress, which can be installed via cpanel on namecheap hosting.
- To use as a personal portfolio, which shows the projects I built, which will include:
a. Webpages build with HTML/ CSS
b. Apps build with React
Questions I have in mind:
- Can I do the all the above under one domain name, with the folder structure similar to the graph below?
- I have the impression that if I want to use Wordpress then I have to use it for the entire domain and all pages instead of only in one part/ on one page? If so that means I can either host my Wordpress blog under this domain or host my projects, is it correct?
- As for apps build with React, the only way I know now is drag and drop the finish react project to Netlify, but if I want to have a personalized url for the Netlify apps I have to transfer the domain under them. So what I am thinking now is to link my apps on Netlify instead. Or any other ways that I can keep everything under the same domain?
Other than the above, do you have any suggestion for a newbie that is going to setup his website for the first time? Much appreciate your help