After having dealt with frontend ajax for a while and being convinced it’s still a circus, I created my own proxy server for handling API requests originating from the client. Inspired by crossorigin.me and FCC’s own API proxies on glitch, I would like to share my version which has a couple nice features on the home page.
- Change initial API URL to Quotes on Design
- Add API response area
- Add play button to make an API request
- Press Enter from the Try It field to make an API request
- Press Escape from the Try It field to clear the entry
CORS Proxies are nice - thanks for sharing another alternative
With Chrome 60, the audit tab has been refreshed to more easily identify potential problems in a web page. This update implements some of those suggestions.
- redirect http traffic to https
- add meta viewport tag
textarea(non-form context) to
prefor accessibility reasons
rel="noopener"to anchor tags | more info
A couple other meta tags were added at the suggestion of the following article: Which Meta Tags Should You Be Using in 2017?
- add meta description tag to assist with search engine results
- add meta application-name tag to provide a name to the app icon for when users click ‘Add to Home Screen’ on their mobile device
This seems a bit off-topic from the thread, consider making a thread about this?